The goal of the key indicators is to provide an overview of the status of universal design for a website. The set encompasses in all 20 indicators which cover 16 of the 35 success criteria in WCAG 2.0 as referred to in the Norwegian regulations.
The key indicators cover
- the four main principles in WCAG 2.0
- a variety of user situations, in order to test universal design
- common types of web content
- areas of risk identified in earlier status measurements and supervision
Read more about our indicators for universal design of web solutions.
Work in progress
The indicators are all draft documents.
Feedback is highly appreciated and will help us to improve our work. If you wish to give feedback, please add a comment.
Download the key indicators
- 1.1.1 a Picture has a text alternative (xlsm)
- 1.1.1 b Purpose of linked image is clearly conveyed through link text and/or text alternative (xlsm)
- 1.2.2 a Prerecorded video with sound includes captioning or has a text alternative (xlsm)
- 1.3.1 a Headings are correctly coded (xlsm)
- 1.3.1 b Tables and table headings are correctly coded (xlsm)
- 1.3.1 c Lists are correctly coded (xlsm)
- 1.4.1 a Link text separates from other text with more than just colour (xlsm)
- 1.4.2 a Control audio that starts automatically and do not stop within 3 seconds (xlsm)
- 1.4.3 a The contrast between text and its background is sufficient (xlsm)
- 1.4.4 a Text can be magnified to at least 200 % without losing content or functionality (xlsm)
- 2.1.1 a It is possible to operate all content through a keyboard interface (xlsm)
- 2.1.2 a There are no keyboard traps on the web page (xlsm)
- 2.4.4 a Link purpose is clear from link text, or link text and context viewed as a whole (xlsm)
- 2.4.6 a Headings provide good descriptions of content (xlsm)
- 2.4.7 a All functionality gets visible focus indicators (xlsm)
- 3.3.1a Empty obligatory form fields that are automatically registered return error message (xlsm)
- 3.3.2 a Form elements are identified through instructions or prompts (xlsm)
- 4.1.1 a Code does not contain syntax errors (xlsm)
- 4.1.2 a Form elements are identified in the code (xlsm)
- 4.1.2 b Buttons are identified in the code (xlsm)
We consider these indicators to provide a good basis for status measurements, where we can verify a relatively large volume of web solutions.
The key indicators can become a fixed basis for all measurements. Depending on the focus area and requirements, we can add more requirements and rotate these so that over a longer period of time we can verify all the requirements of the standard. This is important to uncover any potential new areas of risk.